Saturday, January 18, 2014


Week 20 - 
The Feeling of Home


I'm not much of a touchy feely kind of person, I deal more in facts. When I first saw this topic, I thought I'd write not about the "Feeling of Home" but about my current home.

It is a nice home, my husband Burt and I contracted with a builder in 1995 to custom build a house on a treed lot in Ocala, Florida. According to the tax office it is a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2275 square foot house on a third of an acre of land. It was completed in the Spring of 1996 and we moved in. I have lived there every since.

So what make this a home instead of a house? When I travel, I often can't wait to return to my own home. So it must have the "Feeling of Home" for me. Is it the things I have filled the house with? Or is it the person who lives there with me?

Since I'm recently widowed I must change the tense and say was it the person who lived there with me? Now the only occupants are my dog Foxy and myself and we both are missing Burt. The house feels lonely - way too big and full of stuff that is now meaningless.

I'm in the process of going thru the stuff, deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. I will be selling the house later this year. I plan on finding a smaller home that Foxy and I will learn to call home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.