10 things I believe

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 13 - 10 Things I believe in



The prompt for Week 13 of the Book of Me is:

If you held a dinner party and could invite 12 special people who would you invite?

I'm not into celebrities — I never had a fan crush on a musican or celebrity. I decided I'd rather write on an alternate topic. I went to the idea bank on kludgemom.com. The second item on her list caught my eye: 10 Things I Believe In. Here is my list:



 1.       Love 

I am blessed to have parents who showed me I am loved and valued 
I am blessed to have 2 sisters and 2 brothers who love me as well
I have a loving husband who shows me every day that I am loved
My former husbands showed me I was loved even after our divorce

2.       Education 

I come from a long line of educated women
I come from a long line of men who believed women should be educated
My parents taught me that I could be anything I set my mind to

3.       God

I am a doubting Thomas when it comes to religion
I doubt there is only one way to get into heaven
But I believe there is something greater than me
When I’m at the crossroads I ask God for direction
God answers

4.       Life after Death

I look forward to meeting up with my friends and loved ones in the afterlife
I look forward to meeting ancestors whose lives I have been researching

5.       Helping those less fortunate

Not everyone was born with the same advantages that I have
Not everyone has the same gifts and skills that I have been given
I like to help people help themselves (like Habitat for Humanity)

6.       Karma

You get what you give, whether it's bad or good
Life may not be fair, but the afterlife will balance the scale
There is always a day of reckoning

7.       Global Warming

The earth is saying something with record heat, drought, storms and fire
Scientists are telling us this is real
If we don’t acknowledge the fact we won’t find a solution

8.       Evolution

Humans learn with each attempt, both in success and failure
Man improves the product with each subsequent model
Why wouldn’t God improve his creations with each subsequent model

9.       Women's rights

Even with all the gains, females are still treated as inferiors
Being female often means a life of poverty, abuse, and exploitation
Women and Men think differently
The world would be better if men listened to Women

10.       Music

Music is healing
Music makes everything better including Math
You can’t dance if you can’t hear the music
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent — Victor Hugo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.